The law firm of Grant Freeman LLC provides legislative representation before the Georgia General Assembly and regulatory representation before state regulatory agencies. The law firm is located in Atlanta, conveniently located near the State Capitol and agency offices.
Stacy’s legal practice since 1999 has focused on representation of the insurance industry in state legislative and regulatory matters. His clients include a national property and casualty trade association, life and health carriers, property and casualty carriers and agencies. Stacy is a registered lobbyist, and has been registered as a legislative, agency and vendor (procurement) lobbyist.
In addition to representation of private industry clients, Stacy has represented current and past Georgia Insurance Commissioners as a Special Assistant Attorney General under appointment by current and previous Georgia Attorneys General.
Stacy was born in Newnan, Georgia. After graduating from Emory University in Atlanta with a B.A. in 1990, Stacy attended Mercer University for law school in Macon, Georgia graduating with a J.D. in 1993. Since graduation from law school he has been practicing law in Atlanta.
Stacy, his wife Paige, and their two children reside in the Morningside neighborhood of Atlanta. He is an active member of his community, including serving as a Trustee of The Children’s School in Atlanta and as a member of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee of his church. Stacy enjoys traveling and sailing with his family, golf and racing sports cars as a holder of two competition licenses for wheel-to-wheel racing.
- Mercer University (J.D., 1993)
- Emory University (B.A., 1990)
- Troutman Sanders LLP and Troutman Sanders Strategies
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP, now known as Dentons US LLP
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce, Government Affairs Council
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel (nationwide association of peer reviewed attorneys specializing insurance regulatory law)
- Georgia Professional Lobbyist Association